With the right amount of spice and a sprinkling of raisins, these bite-size muffins have the flavor of an old-fashioned apple cake.
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peeled, shredded fresh apple
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray miniature muffin pans with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- Beat Splenda Granulated Sweetener, butter, and molasses at medium speed of an electric mixer 1 minute or until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition; add apple juice concentrate and lemon peel, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, soda, and salt; add to Splenda Granulated Sweetener mixture, beating on low speed just until blended. Stir in apple, oats, and raisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans; filling three-fourths full. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
|Nutritional Information (Per Serving)|
|Saturated Fat:||3.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber:||1 g|
Source: Diabetic Gourment