I have started thinking about Christmas presents!!! And I am going to try and make as many as I can this year so I need to start early. I found this DIY project and I cant wait to try it. Will be such a great gift for so many people.
- 1 stretched canvas in the size of your choice
- 1 photo print in either the same size or 2 inches larger
- Mod Podge
- 1 2-inch foam brush
- A huck towel or piece of rough textured material
- Trim the white edge from the photo if there is one (there is often a ¼ inch white frame on printed photos from most places)
- Make sure that print matches the size of the canvas correctly.
- Paint mod podge on the entire top surface of the canvas and carefully place the photo on the canvas. I used a towel to carefully smooth out the photo and make sure it was touching the entire surface of the canvas.
- Wait a few minutes to let it dry.
- Paint the sides and entire surface of the photo with a thin and even layer of mod podge. It looks like it will ruin the photo- don’t worry… it won’t! You’ll want it to look mostly opaque at this point.
- While this layer of mod podge is still wet, carefully place the huck towel over the canvas and press down. Peel it off carefully without rubbing or pulling it side to side. This creates the texture of the canvas on top of the photo.
- Let dry completely.
- Voila! Homemade canvas print for under $10!
Tutorial from : http://wellnessmama.com/