I always enjoy a snack sometime in the afternoon and granola bars are one of my favourite. I have made and bought many kinds of granola bars in my time and I am always looking for new easy recipes. This one turned out great and wanted to share as it is nut free which goes well with the grandkids if they take some home for their school lunches. This recipe only has 3 ingredients and only takes 10 minutes to make! Love it. Have a great weekend.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat bran (Can sub for rolled oats, quick oats or oat flour, however see notes)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (Can sub for soy nut butter or nut butter of choice if not allergen specific)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for any sticky sweetener however see notes)
- Chocolate chips/fruits etc (optional)
- Line a deep baking tray or pan with grease proof paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oat bran and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt the sunflower seed butter with the brown rice syrup until combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined pan and press into it firmly. If desired, top with chocolate chips or fruit etc and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Remove and cut into bars or lunch box sized squares
- Depending on what type of grain base type you use and sweetener you may need to adjust the sweetener amount and/or grain amount- Follow this procedure- If too wet, add an extra 1/4 cup of oats. If too dry, add an extra tablespoon of sticky sweetener until a firm batter is formed.
- Bars can be kept at room temperature covered for up to a week or refrigerated/frozen for up to a month+.
Recipe From : http://thebigmansworld.com/